Asian stocks were kept in check Tuesday as improvement in U.S. service industries competed with concern about disappointing Chinese manufacturing and anxiety over
Sentiment was supported by a report from a U.S. trade group that activity in the country's service industries grew at its fastest rate in eight months in April.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 0.1% to 16,530.55. The Nasdaq composite rose 0.3% to 4,138.06.
The euro rose to
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border