Financial leaders and delegates from the
Nakao proposed combining the organization's two lending windows to provide greater support to lower income countries. At a news conference Friday, he pledged to boost the
According to the
The countries also discussed how to better tackle poverty reduction, climate change, and an infrastructure development gap, which are listed as among the 10 strategic priorities in the
In the afternoon, representatives from each member nation delivered a speech on their country's economic situation and efforts to assist poorer nations.
"We are committed to enhancing the cooperation with the
Aso also said
That would be the first annual
On Monday, the annual meeting will be concluded by Nakao's closing press conference.
In a separate meeting of ASEAN nations and
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'