The collaborative tool most often used for critical information exchange on military networks is tactical chat. In many scenarios chat is preferred over radio because of its ability to reach multiple geographically dispersed participants simultaneously and to provide a persistent and readily user accessible log of the conversations. TacChat is an enhanced XMPP (Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol) standards-based secure chat server with features to provide increased reliability and higher performance on secure single-domain networks.
TacChat is compliant with
• Distributed Multi-User Chat (DMUC) - allows continuity of operations in group chat rooms utilized in a federated server environment such that if the master room is unavailable, everyone else in the federated environment can continue to carry out operations in the chat room.
• Conversation Retrieval & Reporting - allows an authorized user to query chat room history for a user defined period of time via an out-of-band web interface. A PDF can be created from the query results for printing or distribution.
• Lockable Group Chat Settings - allows the user to create a room on demand with default settings for use which cannot be changed by the user.
The US Army PEO EIS Test Report 2013 says TacChat is "Highly resilient and throttles connection attempts very effectively under heavy load….only server to remain operational throughout the load testing". During the Coalition Warrior Interoperability eXploration, eXperimentation and eXamination eXercise (CWIX) in 2013, all information exchange objectives were achieved and all systems were interoperable between the U.S.,
TacChat is deployed and being used operationally by
Trident Systems is a veteran-owned small business that delivers innovative and affordable technology solutions for critical government and commercial needs. Founded in 1985, Trident continues to harness technology and provide leading-edge solutions to every Military Service, the Intelligence Community, and a broad spectrum of government and industry partners. Trident develops products in three primary focus areas: Integrated C4I systems, Radar Systems, and Assured Collaboration Systems. Trident also provides an array of services from Complex Systems Engineering services for complex system development as well as Collaboration Services, providing a full range of design / build services for state of the art facilities including supporting of the Integrated Air Defense System in the
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/05/prweb11896064.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids