Economic growth is certainly a reality in much of
Speaking to the press, at the end of an international conference on "Africa Rising: Building for the Future", organised by the IMF and the Mozambican government, she stressed that
She declared that the IMF thought it very important to form a partnership with
"I am leaving this conference strongly energized about our partnership with
Asked about corruption, Lagarde described it as "a two way street - one party corrupts and the other receives. This has to be tackled at both ends".
She believed that some large corporations are "very mindful" about corruption, but smaller enterprises are not. "Corruption corrodes the fabric of society", she warned.
Her host, Mozambican Finance Minister
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges