Economic growth is certainly a reality in much of
Speaking to the press, at the end of an international conference on "Africa Rising: Building for the Future", organised by the IMF and the Mozambican government, she stressed that
She declared that the IMF thought it very important to form a partnership with
"I am leaving this conference strongly energized about our partnership with
Asked about corruption, Lagarde described it as "a two way street - one party corrupts and the other receives. This has to be tackled at both ends".
She believed that some large corporations are "very mindful" about corruption, but smaller enterprises are not. "Corruption corrodes the fabric of society", she warned.
Her host, Mozambican Finance Minister
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad