In its submission today to
The aim of the Hauser review is to examine how the government's network of Catapults - elite technology and innovation centres - can be fully exploited to benefit the
The BIA notes that Catapult centres bring real value to key areas by combining a business-led approach with skills, experience, resources, and flexible approaches to collaborative working with the sector. The Cell Therapy Catapult is an example of a centre that has already demonstrated an ability to work rapidly and flexibly with both large and small companies to address challenges in regenerative medicine, one of the 'eight great technologies'. The
"The BIA is firmly in support of the Catapult centre model developed by this and the previous government. These centres are already facilitating collaboration, strengthening networks, helping to train and retain a highly skilled workforce, and have significant potential to maintain the
"The BIA urges that the current Catapults and the planned Precision Medicine Catapult are given sufficient time and funding to properly embed their staff and resources, establish their networks, engage with the communities they serve, and assess from there how best they can continue to benefit
"We look forward to continuing to work with the Catapult centres and the BIA membership to ensure that the centres are supporting the biotech community to their fullest."
* A Catapult is a technology and innovation centre where the very best of the
* There are currently seven Catapult centres and plans for a Precision Medicine Catapult centre.
* The review of their medium term strategy is led by technology entrepreneur
CC AutoTriage13cn-140531-30TagarumaMar-4752278 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures