The publisher of the
Operating profit after exceptional items fell from £58.4m to £57.8m.
Revenues at TMG in 2013 fell 0.7% year on year to £325.2m while pre-tax profits were £57m, compared to £57.2m the previous year.
Print-advertising revenues were also down, which the group said was only partly mitigated by a marginal increase in circulation revenues and continued growth in digital revenues.
TMG said it had "delivered a good trading performance given the challenging environment at a time when the economy was still in recovery".
TMG's rivals including the Times, the Independent and the Guardian are loss-making.
• To contact the MediaGuardian news desk email email@example.com or phone 020 3353 3857. For all other inquiries please call the main Guardian switchboard on 020 3353 2000. If you are writing a comment for publication, please mark clearly "for publication".
• To get the latest media news to your desktop or mobile, follow MediaGuardian on
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street