The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell two points, or 0.1 percent, to 1,918 in the first few minutes of trading Friday. The S&P 500 closed at a record high the day before.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 45 points, or 0.3 percent, to 16,653. The Nasdaq composite fell four points, or 0.1 percent, to 4,243.
Bond prices fell. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note rose to 2.49 percent from 2.47 percent late Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- U.S. Banks' Earnings Rose 5.2 Percent in Q2