The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell two points, or 0.1 percent, to 1,918 in the first few minutes of trading Friday. The S&P 500 closed at a record high the day before.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 45 points, or 0.3 percent, to 16,653. The Nasdaq composite fell four points, or 0.1 percent, to 4,243.
Bond prices fell. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note rose to 2.49 percent from 2.47 percent late Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana