The objective of the project is to facilitate the movement of goods and people along the road, so as to increase trade with the rest of the country and improve the population's access to basic services.
The road, which is about 40 km long, is a section of National Highway No. 4 (NH4) on the trans-Gambian" corridor. It constitutes an economic and strategic link between the North and South of the
The project area covers the Kaolack region, with an estimated population of 795,906 inhabitants. This project is expected to contribute towards boosting sub-regional trade and opening up rural areas in the country, said the director of the
By financing the project, the Bank will be contributing towards the implementation of the priority actions program of the Senegal Economic Emergence Plan (PSE). Transport infrastructure and services constitute one of the sub-sectors that help to create wealth so as to reduce poverty in Senegal.
The Dinguiraye-Nioro-KeurAyib road rehabilitation project will address the problems of accessibility and opening up of the project area in particular.
The project will create jobs for youths and women in rural and semi-urban areas and help curb rural exodus from the project area which has a very high net migration, said
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree