In a letter sent to Lucas on Thursday, Lee proposes building the
"On behalf of the City and County of
"Seawall Lot 330 sits across from Piers 30-32, which, should you be interested, offers a unique opportunity to partner with the City and Port to transform crumbling piers and parking lots into complementary new waterfront educational and public open space."
In a handwritten message at the bottom of the letter, Lee added: "George — thank you for your utmost consideration. You know we enthusiastically support your project and our history!"
Earlier this year, the
Lee had given his staff until the end of May to come up with a list of possible locations for the museum because of increasing interest from other cities, particularly
A task force appointed by
Lucas wants a showcase for his collection of popular art, including illustrations by
The museum will also feature temporary exhibits from other collections.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?