The HHS Innovates program recognizes and celebrates internal innovations by employees and promotes them across the Department as well as to the public. The public voting period to help select "The People's Choice" will take place
The app was developed by researchers in the
Ladder fall injuries are a major occupational and public safety problem that costs the U.S. billions each year. Setting up ladders at the proper angle and following safety guidelines is an effective way to reduce the risk of ladder fall injuries - a persistent workplace hazard. The app's multimodal angle indicator is based on a ladder positioning concept that has been awarded a U.S. patent.
The app is available in English and Spanish as a free download for iPhone and Android mobile devices. It has been downloaded more than 18,000 times since its release in
NIOSH is the federal agency that conducts research and makes recommendations for preventing work-related injuries, illnesses, and deaths. For more information about NIOSH visit http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/.
TNS 30VianaGem - 140530-4751677 30VianaGem
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant