Salesforce compatibility and capabilities will be woven into the Microsoft Office 365 suite offered as part of its cloud platform.
"We are excited to partner with
Surface Pro 3
People will also be able to access Salesforce services from Windows-powered smartphones or tablets, such as the freshly launched Surface Pro 3, according to
"Today is about putting the customer first," said Salesforce chief executive
Surface Pro 3 was touted as slimmer, bigger and more powerful than its predecessor and crafted for a world in which people want to work as well as play on tablets.
"We want products and technologies that enable people to dream and get stuff done," Nadella said at a Pro launch event.
While Office applications for iPad are free, subscriptions to
More than a billion people reportedly use Office.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis