stocks ended largely flat yesterday although shares of fixed-line telecoms company
"That is what the market has been waiting for, for years. If management is actually delivering on (the cuts) then the market is really going to like it," said Reuben Beelders, portfolio manager at Gryphon Asset Management.
Shares of mobile communications company
On the flip side, resources extended Wednesday's declines, led by
Harmony fell 3.8 percent to R27.72 while
The All Share index edged up 0.07 percent to 49 726.64, while the benchmark Top-40 index crept up just 0.03 percent to 44 744.80.
Trade was relatively brisk, with 132 million shares changing hands. Advancers outnumbered decliners by 161 to 146. - Reuters
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.