The credit will help to scale up grants from 100,000 to 150,000 poor households through the Livelihood Empowerment against Poverty (LEAP) program.
A National Household Registry will be set up to improve the targeting of social protection efforts in
This will build on
The public works program has exceeded the number of beneficiaries targeted; with over 80,000 people benefiting, against a target of 13,000.
Climate change public works projects have the most labour-intensive, followed by small earth dams and dugouts, roads and social infrastructure.
Both the public works and household grant programs achieved excellent gender-targeted results.
60% of public works beneficiaries and 69% of household grant beneficiaries to have been female; these programs have helped to empower women and increase their income.
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly