The credit will help to scale up grants from 100,000 to 150,000 poor households through the Livelihood Empowerment against Poverty (LEAP) program.
A National Household Registry will be set up to improve the targeting of social protection efforts in
This will build on
The public works program has exceeded the number of beneficiaries targeted; with over 80,000 people benefiting, against a target of 13,000.
Climate change public works projects have the most labour-intensive, followed by small earth dams and dugouts, roads and social infrastructure.
Both the public works and household grant programs achieved excellent gender-targeted results.
60% of public works beneficiaries and 69% of household grant beneficiaries to have been female; these programs have helped to empower women and increase their income.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- U.S. Banks' Earnings Rose 5.2 Percent in Q2