Total delinquencies for first quarter-2014 (1Q'14) were 3.19%, down from 3.27% in 1Q'13 and 3.38% in 4Q'13. This
The quarterly and year-over-year improvement is also evident in default performance. Defaults for 1Q'14 at 0.65% decreased slightly from 4Q'13 at 0.66%, and are down from the 0.72% observed a year ago for 1Q'13. While quarterly and year-over-year improvement is evident, default levels remain somewhat elevated compared to pre-recessionary levels.
On an annualized basis (rolling 12 months), defaults were 7.73% for 1Q'14, down from 7.93% for 4Q'13. This represents the eighth consecutive quarter of improvement as well as the lowest level of defaults for timeshare ABS in over four years.
Fitch's Rating Outlook for timeshare ABS remains Stable due in part to the delevering structures found in timeshare transactions and ample credit enhancement levels.
Fitch's timeshare ABS index is an aggregation of performance statistics on pools of securitized timeshare loans originated by various developers. Expected cumulative gross defaults on underlying transactions can range from 10% to above 20%. While delinquencies and defaults may vary on an absolute basis, most transactions supporting the index exhibit similar overall trends.
The Fitch timeshare performance index summarizes average monthly delinquency (over 30 days) and gross default trends tracked in Fitch's database of timeshare asset backed securities (ABS) dating back to
Fitch's quarterly index can be found at 'www.fitchratings.com' under the following headers:
Sectors >> Structured Finance >> ABS >> ABS Indices >> Timeshare
Additional information is available at 'www.fitchratings.com'.
Tel: +1 212-908-0278
Source: Fitch Ratings
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts