The domestic demand for electricity in
"In addition to providing energy security the project will support Ethiopia's efforts to build a climate resilient green economy, by developing renewable energy sources with low carbon emissions," said
The project which will be implemented in two phases will develop two potential geothermal sites (Aluto and Alalobad) and help establish an institutional framework for geothermal development during its first phase. During its second phase, electricity will be generated using the steam resources developed and identified in the first phase.
The power generated from geothermal plants will provide electricity directly to the grid and allow more households and businesses to connect at affordable rates. It will also provide reliable energy to existing commercial consumers currently affected by the energy rationing resulting from insufficient generation capacity.
"The geothermal project marks a new push to increase access and improve reliability of electricity supply to new and existing customers"," said
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140530-30FurigayJane-4750434 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z