Notice Type: Combine Solicitation
Subject: Inter-Area Fiber Optic Cable Installation
Classification Code: D - Information technology services, including telecommunications services
Solicitation Number: FA5682-14-Q-0008
Place of Performance (address): Aviano Ab, ItalyAviano, 1
Place of Performance (zipcode): 33081
Place of Performance Country: IT
DEPARTMENT OF THE
31ST FIGHTER WING (USAFE)
33081 Aviano (PN)
SUBJECT: Request for Quotes (RFQ) FA5682-14-Q-0008, Inter-Area Fiber Optic Cable Installation,
This is a combined synopsis/solicitation for the design and installation of an inter-area fiber optic cable at
You are invited to submit your best quotation for the aforementioned requirement as per the attached Statement of Objectives (SOO), dated
Quotations are due in this office by
Site visit : A site visit will be held on
Submit offers and any questions to the following:
TSgt Matthew Mayo: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Commercial Telephone number: +39-0434-30-7969 or +39-0434-30-7142
DSN: 314-632-7969 or 314-632-7142
1) Pricing Schedule
2) Statement of Objectives (SOO), dated
The Following Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) provisions are applicable to this solicitation:
This solicitation incorporates one or more solicitation provisions by reference, with the same force and effect as if they were given in full text. Upon request, the Contracting Officer will make their full text available. The offeror is cautioned that the listed provisions may include blocks that must be completed by the offeror and submitted with its quotation or offer. In lieu of submitting the full text of those provisions, the offeror may identify the provision by paragraph identifier and provide the appropriate information with its quotation or offer. Also, the full text of a solicitation provision may be accessed electronically at this address:
(End of Provision)
FAR 52.212-1 -- Instructions to Offerors - Commercial Items (
Addendum to FAR Clause 52.212-1:
Proposals shall include the following items.
* 1. Pricing Schedule (Attachment 1). Offeror shall complete all required fields.
* 2. Performance Work Statement, detailing proposed solution to objectives outlined in the attached Statement of Objectives (Attachment 2).
* 3. Test Plan, prepared in accordance with criteria identified in paragraph 4.2.3 of the attached Statement of Objectives (Attachment 2), and other applicable fields.
* 4. Completed Representations and Certifications as required in FAR 52.212-3 with Alt 1
(accessible at http://farsite.hill.af.mil). Registration in the System for Award Management at https://www.sam.gov/portal/public/SAM/ meets this requirement.
1) In addition to the minimum qualification required as per pargraph 3.0 of the Statement of Objectives (SOO), dated
(b) Evidence of up to 2 contracts performed within the last 3 years that involved substantially the same work/trades, complexity as the instant contract. This shall contain the client's name, total annual amount, brief but exhaustive description of work tasks involved to demonstrate experience of the firm with this solicited service.
(c) List of any subcontractors intended to be used for performance of the service with service that they will be entrusted with. Prime contractors are responsible to ensure that subcontractors possess all the necessary requisites.
(d) Brief description of Quality Control Process or Current ISO 9001:2008 Certificate
(e) Contract execution plan which exhaustively describes how the offeror intends to satisfy all the requirements of the Statement of Objectives dated
(f) Organizational chart with total number of personnel and identification of key positions responsible for services including position responsible for quality control and line of supervision.
52.212-2 -- Evaluation -- Commercial Items (
(a) The Government will award a firm fixed-price contract resulting from this solicitation to the responsible offeror whose offer conforming to the solicitation will be most advantageous to the Government, price and other factors considered. The following factors shall be used to evaluate offers:
(b) A written notice of award or acceptance of an offer, mailed or otherwise furnished to the successful offeror within the time for acceptance specified in the offer, shall result in a binding contract without further action by either party. Before the offer's specified expiration time, the Government may accept an offer (or part of an offer), whether or not there are negotiations after its receipt, unless a written notice of withdrawal is received before award.
Addendum to FAR Clause 52.212-2
BASIS FOR CONTRACT AWARD: This is a competitive best value source selection in which competing offerors' technical proposals will be evaluated on a Acceptable/Not Acceptable basis. By submission of its offer in accordance with the instructions provided in clause 52.212-1, Instructions To Offerors, the offeror accedes to the terms of this RFQ and all such offers shall be treated equally except for their prices and technical proposals. Offerors must clearly identify any exception to the RFQ terms and conditions and provide complete accompanying rationale. The evaluation process shall proceed as follows:
A. Initially, offers shall be evaluated on a Acceptable/Not Acceptable basis to ensure the offerors proposed technical solution satisfies the Government's requirement, as outlined in the attached Statement of Objectives (Attachment 2). All offers that do not meet the Acceptable/Not Acceptable criteria will be removed from competition. Secondly, the offers will be ranked according to the proposed price identified in the Pricing Schedule.
B. If the lowest price offeror is judged to have a technically acceptable proposal, that offer represents the best value for the government and the evaluation process stops at this point. Award shall be made to the offeror without further consideration of any other offers.
The following FAR clauses apply to this acquisition and will be incorporated into any resultant contract:
CLAUSES INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE
This contract incorporates one or more clauses by reference, with the same force and effect as if they were given in full text. Upon request, the Contracting Officer will make their full text available. Also, the full text of a clause may be accessed electronically at this address: http://farsite.hill.af.mil
FAR 52.212-4 Contract Terms and Conditions-Commercial Items (
FAR 52.212-5 Contract Terms and Conditions Required to Implement Statutes or Executive Orders-Commercial Items (
52.203-6 Restrictions on Subcontractors Sales to the Government (
52.204-10 Reporting Executive Compensation and First-Tier Subcontract Awards (
52.222-19 Child Labor - Cooperation with Authorities and Remedies (
52.225-13 Restrictions on Certain Foreign Purchases (
52.232-33 Payment by Electronic Funds Transfer-System for Award Management (
52.222-41 Service Contract Act of 1965 (
52.202-1 Definitions (
52.203-3 Gratuities (
52.204-4 Printed or Copied Double Sided on Recycled Paper (May2011)
52.204-7 System for Award Management (
52.203-13 System for Award Management Maintenance (
52.209-6 Protecting the Governments Interest When Subcontracting with Contractors Debarred, Suspended, or Proposed for Debarment (
52.211-6 Brand Name or Equal
52.215-5 Facsimile Proposals (
52.217-5 Evaluation of Options
52.217-8 Option to Extend Services
52.217-9 Option to Extend the Term of the Contract
52.223-18 Encouraging Contract Policies to Ban Text Messaging While Driving (
52.225-14 Inconsistency Between English Version and Translation of Contract (
52.225-25 Prohibition on Contracting with Entities Engaging in Sanctioned Activities Relating to
52.229-6 Taxes-Foreign fixed Price Contracts
54.237-1 Site Visit (
52.232-19 Availability of Funds for the Next Fiscal Year
52.232-33 Payment by Electronic Funds Transfer - System for Award Management (
52.233-3 Protest After Award (Aug1996)
52.247-34 F.O.B. Destination (
52.252-4 Alterations in Contract (
52.252-5 Authorized Deviations in Provisions (
52.252-6 Authorized Deviations in Clauses (
52.253-1 Computer Generated Forms (
252.203-7002 Requirements to Inform Employees of Whistleblower Rights (
252.203-7005 Requirements Relating to Compensation of Former DoD Officials (
252.204-7003 Control of Government Personnel Work Product (
252.204-7004 Alternate A, System for Award Management (
252.209-7001 Disclosure of Ownership or Control by the Government of a Terrorist Country (
252.209-7004 Subcontracting with Firms that are Owned or Controlled by the government of a Terrorist Country (
252.215-7007 Notice of Intent to Resolicit (
252.215-7008 Only One Offer (
252.225-7012 Preference for
Payments Program (
252.225-7041 Correspondence in English (
252.225-7042 Authorization to Perform (
252.229-7000 Invoices Exclusive of Taxes or Duties (
252.232.7003 Electronic Submission of Payment Requests (
252.232-7006 Wide Area Workflow Payment Instructions (
252.232-7008 Assignment of Claims (Overseas) (
252.233-7001 Choice of Law (Overseas) (
252.243-7001 Price of Contract Modifications (
252.243-7002 Requests For Equitable Adjustment (
252.247-7023 Transportation of Supplies by Sea Alternate I (
252.247-7024 Notification of Transportation of Supplies by Sea (
5352.223-9000 Elimination of Use of Class 1 Ozone Depleting Substances (
5352.223-9001 Health and Safety on Government Installations (
5352.225-9004 Submission of Offers in Other Than United States Currency (
5352.242-9000 Contractor Access to Air Force Installations (
The following clauses and provisions apply to this solicitation and are filled in as follows:
FAR 52.233-2 Service of Protest (
33081 Aviano (PN)
DFARS 252.229-7001 Tax Relief (
NAME OF TAX: _________________ RATE (PERCENTAGE): _____
! ! !
DFARS 252.229-7003 Tax Exemptions (
(iii) The following fiscal code(s): 91000190933.
AFFARS 5352.201-9101 Ombudsman (
Primary Command Ombudsman:
HQ USAFE/A7K, UNIT 3050, Box 10, APO AE 09094-0110
HQ USAFE/A7K, Flugplatz Ramstein, 66877 Ramstein Germany
Alternate Command Ombudsman:
HQ USAFE/A7K, UNIT 3050, Box 10, APO AE 09094-0110
HQ USAFE/A7K, Flugplatz Ramstein, 66877 Ramstein Germany
Tel: (49)-6371-47-9330, Fax: (49)-6731-47-2025
* 1) Price Schedule
* 2) Statement of Objectives dated
FA5682-14-Q-0008, Attachment 1
! CLIN ! DESCRIPTION ! QTY ! UNIT ! PRICE !
! 0001 ! Provide all labor, materials, and equipment necessary to design and install a 12-strand Single Mode Fiber Optic Cable between Area 1 and Area F,
! 1001 ! Provide all labor, materials, and equipment necessary to provide a year-long maintenance service in accordance with the objectives identified in paragraph 4.1(b) in the attached Statement of Objectives, dated
! 2001 ! Provide all labor, materials, and equipment necessary to provide a year-long maintenance service in accordance with the objectives identified in paragraph 4.1(b) in the attached Statement of Objectives, dated
! 3001 ! Provide all labor, materials, and equipment necessary to provide a year-long maintenance service in accordance with the objectives identified in paragraph 4.1(b) in the attached Statement of Objectives, dated
! 4001 ! Provide all labor, materials, and equipment necessary to provide a year-long maintenance service in accordance with the objectives identified in paragraph 4.1(b) in the attached Statement of Objectives, dated
Registered in SAM Y/N
FA5682-14-Q-0008, Attachment 2
STATEMENT OF OBJECTIVES
INTER-AREA FIBER OPTIC CABLE INSTALLATION
* 1.0 INTRODUCTION. This Statement of Objectives (SOO) defines the requirement for a turn-key solution to establish a redundant optical fiber path for inter-area connection. The current network services running from Area F to the users in Area C, Area E, Area 2 and Area 1 are supported by a daisy chained Fiber Optic Cable (FOC). There is no redundant path back to the base (Area F). This requirement is to provide users in the daisy chain with a redundant path consisting of a 12-strand Single Mode FOC.
2.1 General Requirement: Install a 12-strand Single Mode Fiber Optic Cable between Area 1 and Area F. Provide a maintenance service.
2.2 Specific Requirement: The technical solution and costing for the fiber optic cable should consider the following specific requirements and conditions:
* 2.2.1 Permits: Where a MH/Duct system and/or trenching are required, the Contractor shall be responsible to coordinate, complete and process all permits required to complete the installation.
* 2.2.2 Environmental Management: The Contractor shall comply with the most stringent environmental federal, state, and local (Italian) laws and regulations. The contractor shall maintain an awareness of changing environmental regulatory requirements to avoid environmental deficiencies for activities on
* 2.2.3 Quality Assurance : The Contractor shall provide Quality Assurance Support for the entire life of the project. The Contractor shall be responsible for correcting any deficiencies that are found.
* 2.2.4 Fiber Optic Tests: See Appendix A, "Test Plan Aviano Inter-Area Fiber Optical Cable Installation". All test results must be provided to government in English.
* 2.2.5 Optical Attenuation: End to end attenuation tests shall be conducted on all fiber optic cable strands. Tests shall be accomplished to ensure the installed cable is within the specified parameters.
* 2.2.6 Distance. Test to determine the installed cable length between optical patch panels. All strands of all fiber optic cables shall be tested.
* 2.2.7 Signal Quality: The Contractor shall maintain the integrity and the signal quality of the fiber optic cable and strands at all times.
* 2.2.8 Test and Acceptance/Installation Test Plan. The Contractor shall provide a test plan as to how the system shall be pre-tested, in-progress-tested and post-tested to demonstrate to the Government that the system is fully operational and meets or exceeds the specified requirements and that the system is fully ready to be placed into service. The Contractor shall test the system to demonstrate to the Government quality assurance evaluation of the system. These tests shall be accomplished prior to the system being placed into service.
3.0 MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS. All qualifications shall be submitted by the contractor for verification by the government.
3.1 Minimum Contractor Qualifications. All work shall be performed by and all equipment shall be furnished and installed by an experienced Telecommunications Contractor, hereafter referred to as the Contractor. The Contractor shall have the following qualifications in Telecommunications Systems installation:
3.1.1 Contractor shall have a minimum of 3 years' experience in the application, installation and testing of the specified systems and equipment.
3.1.2 All supervisors and installers assigned to the installation of this system or any of its components shall have experience with each equipment manufacturer that they are qualified to install and test the provided products.
3.1.3 All installers assigned to the installation of this system or any of its components shall have a minimum of 3 years' experience in the installation of the specified fiber optic cable and components.
3.1.4 The equipment and hardware provided under this contract will be from manufacturers that have a minimum of 3 years' experience in producing the types of systems and equipment specified.
4.1. Scope. The scope consists of two parts, the installation of the Fiber Optical Cable; and, the maintenance of the cable after the install.
* a) Installation. The requirement for the contractor is to provide a 12-strand FOC connection from building 110, Area A1, to Area F. The location of termination in Area F can be determined after mutual agreement by the contractor and the government representative. The contractor is allowed to choose the best path. It stands to reason to make the connection as short as possible, but availability of ducts and duct space may dictate a longer path, provided that it allows for a cheaper solution. It is up to the contractor to determine whether duct space needs to be created, can be rented, or is already owned by contractor. Inside the Area F and Area A1 compound, the cable will be run in existing maintenance hole (MH) and duct system.
* b) Maintenance. Contractor will provide all preventative maintenance and repair of the FOC once the connection is in place and after the warranty period for the installation has ended. Additionally, the contractor will be required to troubleshoot and repair any damages to the cable not under the preventative maintenance work in order to restore the FOC to full working order.
4.2. Installation: The new cable path must NOT coincide with the existing fiber path connecting Area F to Area 1. To provide best redundancy, a minimum distance of 50 feet between the existing path and the proposed path must always be maintained. To minimize cost, recommend using the shortest distance possible and maximizing use of existing ducts. Inside the Area F and Area 1 compounds, the cable will be run in existing, government owned maintenance hole (MH) and duct system. 4.2.1. Cable Termination: The 12 strand fiber optic cable will be terminated in existing equipment racks/cabinets located in B110 in Area A1 and Area F. SC type connectors must be used for the termination.
4.2.2. Warranty. The warranty is for one year after the delivery and covers all workmanship and materials.
4.2.3. Deliverables. The following deliverables will be provided to the government: test results, drawings of the cable path and Butterfly drawings of any manhole/handhole installed. The precision of the location of the cable path and manhole/handholes should be less than plus or minus 3 feet and must be GPS derived. All drawings should be in ".shp" file format and provided on CD/DVD.
4.2.4. Project Management.
188.8.131.52. Schedule. For the cable installation, Contractor must provide a schedule in English before the start of the project. Updates must be provided whenever changes are made during the project.
184.108.40.206. Progress Reports. Weekly progress reports are to be provided in English by email or in hard copy.
31 CONS, Contracting Officer:
a) Appendix A: Test Plan Aviano Inter-Area Fiber Optical Cable Installation
b) Appendix B: Conceptual Drawing Inter-Area Fiber Optical Cable Installation
Appendix A: Test Plan Aviano Inter-Area Fiber Optical Cable Installation
As part of Test Performance, Contractor will inspect and test all systems to include the ducts and FOC to ensure the system meets all specifications. To ensure the fiber cables meet manufacturer's specifications, all fiber installed under this project will be tested with a FLUKE DTX1800 cable analyzer. Contractor will support any further Government testing or inspections as deemed necessary by the 31 CS/SCXP.
Contractor will furnish and support all test equipment to include the FLUKE DTX1800 cable analyzer along with personnel to support and conduct the test. This unit has both power meter and OTDR capabilities and meets all manufacturer's requirements to test and certify the Fiber Optical Cable (FOC) in accordance with industry standards.
Testing will support all in-progress testing to include excavations, splices, and traditional fiber optic testing. Excavations will be inspected for compliance with all installation and safety standards. Splices will be tested for any faults using cable testing with inspections prior to sealing. FOC testing will be performed in accordance with TIA 526-7-(2002) Measurement of Optical Power Loss of Installed Single-mode Fiber Cable Plant. These tests include both an Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR) and Optical Power Meter verification. OTDR test is conducted to validate power loss (attenuation) along with any other anomalies. Power meter tests will be bi-directional. Test results will be provided in raw data, PDF and paper. Test results will include optical attenuation (bi-directional Power Meter test) and distance (OTDR).
* Prior to installation, the fiber optic cable will be visually inspected for any damage.
* Will test fiber optic cable for continuity by utilizing a Visual Fault Light.
* Manhole and duct system will be inspected for duct availability and any other issues that could prevent the installation.
* Will inspect the rack space in both facilities to ensure there is sufficient space for the FODP.
In-Progress Test: to include excavations, splices, and traditional fiber optic testing. Cable has only 12-strands that have to be tested.
* We will utilize a FLUKE DTX1800 with single mode fiber optic modules to perform bi-directional power meter tests. Each strand will be tested in both directions and both single mode wave lengths.
* A FLUKE DTX1800 with OTDR module will be used to test the 72-strands in one direction.
* A visual inspection will be performed to ensure FODP's, cables in manhole for labeling, bonding to ground.
Appendix B: Conceptual Drawing Inter-Area Fiber Optical Cable Installation
! Area D !
! Area D !
! Area C !
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids