The city of
The city said any shop showing or selling X-rated films needed a licence from the Film and Publication Board, and a local council business licence for operating adult premises.
"City health has no record of a premises issued with a trading licence in terms of above at
The board confirmed it had not received an application from
"In 2004, the original store was issued with all the necessary licences from the city to trade, they are still valid and are being used for the new venture," said spokesman
On Tuesday, ANC chief whip Stone Sizani said it was inappropriate to have a sex shop across the street from Parliament and risked discouraging sensitive citizens from visiting the |legislature.
He vowed to take legal advice on the matter and called on the council run by the
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks