The city of
The city said any shop showing or selling X-rated films needed a licence from the Film and Publication Board, and a local council business licence for operating adult premises.
"City health has no record of a premises issued with a trading licence in terms of above at
The board confirmed it had not received an application from
"In 2004, the original store was issued with all the necessary licences from the city to trade, they are still valid and are being used for the new venture," said spokesman
On Tuesday, ANC chief whip Stone Sizani said it was inappropriate to have a sex shop across the street from Parliament and risked discouraging sensitive citizens from visiting the |legislature.
He vowed to take legal advice on the matter and called on the council run by the
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply