Specifically, CARS relied on the IBM MobileFirst application development portfolio to develop a new mobile ticketing reservation app, Railway 12306, which registered 19 million downloads in the first few months following its launch. Passengers are now able to use their mobile devices to query and book tickets, make secure payments, cancel a booking and check in, among many other features. The app was developed, in part, to support demand around the Chinese Spring Festival, which is considered the most significant travel event in the world.
During the Spring Festival, about 235 million passenger trips were made on railways, which is the most popular mode of inter-city transport in
On the first day of its launch, Railway 12306 recorded half a million downloads and became the most popular app on the
With IBM Worklight app development and management capabilities, an integral part of the IBM MobileFirst portfolio, CARS managed to expedite time to market and decrease overall costs.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers