Following is the text of press note issued by
The High Commissioner informed the Finance Minister that his last visit to
He also appreciated participation of businessmen and investors in
He mentioned that there is huge potential in agriculture sector of
He gave an example of Canadian agri exports from
He said that we are interested to share our methodology and experience with
The Finance Minister informed the High Commissioner that agriculture sector is our priority and we have plans for provision of micro financing to small farmers. He said that the agriculture sector drives the whole economy and appreciate the valuable contributions being made by the Canadian High Commissioner. He said that it is quickest result producing sector and the present government is focusing on new initiatives in this regard.
On regional connectivity, the Finance Minister said that we believe in regional trade and opening of new vistas to expand our trade and economic relations with the neighbours and beyond.
He said that
For more information, contact:
Principal Information Officer
Tel: +9251 925 2323 and +9251 925 2324
Fax: +9251 925 2325 and +9251 925 2326
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street