The patent-pending technology functions by converting sound waves into electric power and data. This embedded microchip in the PlugAir device authenticates each mobile phone and unlocks the associated content from the cloud. Content creators will be able to remotely update their fans' PlugAir, allowing for a constant stream of new and exclusive content.
"We are extremely excited to be working with such a well respected brand such as Lawson. Their understanding of manufacturing and distribution will help us take PlugAir to the next level," says
"Working with Hiroshi has been both a multi-national and multi-disciplinary collaboration. His understanding of the technology really helped inform our approach in developing the PlugAir brand," says
PlugAir made its US debut in December of last year through a partnership with
"We like innovative ways to distribute exclusive content to our fans," says
PlugAir can also be seamlessly embedded into existing products, which is perhaps a significant growth prospect and motivation behind retail giant Lawson's investment. The future is wide open for PlugAir, as it provides an opportunity to reinvigorate and digitize traditional analog merchandise. Possible use cases include: key chains, retail hangtags, and toys (allowing children to unlock educational games and video content).
For more information, visit plugair.com.
To download high-resolution photos, please visit: http://we.tl/4nIKM9HsoM
Beatrobo is a mobile app development company based in
About Machine Shop
Machine Shop is a think tank and creative studio based in
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/plugair/lawson/prweb11882279.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground
- 'Planet of the Apes' Still Rules the Box Office
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- Judge OKs Warrant for Google User's Mails
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- Perry Deploying 1,000 Troops to Texas Border