The objective of the project is to facilitate the movement of goods and people along the road, so as to increase trade with the rest of the country and improve the population's access to basic services.
The road, which is about 40 km long, is a section of National Highway No. 4 (NH4) on the "trans-Gambian" corridor. It constitutes an economic and strategic link between the North and South of the
The project area covers the Kaolack region, with an estimated population of 795,906 inhabitants. "This project is expected to contribute towards boosting sub-regional trade and opening up rural areas in the country," said the director of the
By financing the project, the Bank will be contributing towards the implementation of the priority actions program of the Senegal Economic Emergence Plan (PSE). Transport infrastructure and services constitute one of the sub-sectors that help to create wealth so as to reduce poverty in Senegal.
The Dinguiraye-Nioro-KeurAyib road rehabilitation project will address the problems of accessibility and opening up of the project area in particular.
"The project will create jobs for youths and women in rural and semi-urban areas and help curb rural exodus from the project area which has a very high net migration," said
TNS 18EstebanLiz-140530-30FurigayJane-4750422 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Congress Passes Law Promoting Transparency Reconstruction of Haiti
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience