Today, BUSINESSEUROPE adopted a strong position (http://bit.ly/1hZBngF) in favour of Investor - State Dispute Settlement (ISDS) inclusion in the
ISDS is a vital part of investment protection providing for a neutral and fact - based dispute resolution mechanism.
"It is not true that ISDS limits the policy space of States. To the contrary : it helps to establish a balance between the right of States to regulate and the right of investors to be protected under international law. A t BUSINESSEUROPE we are open to well - founded criticism to ISDS and willing to discuss possible ways to improve the mechanism" stated BUSINESSEUROPE President
We recall that ISDS is already included in all the 1 , 400 bilateral investment agreements signed by EU member States since the 1960s and the EU itself is party to the Energy Charter Treaty that also includes an ISDS mechanism.
CC AutoTriage13cn-140503-30TagarumaMar-4723239 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free