The EIB describes the programme, entitled "France Renewables", as a major financing operation that will support projects contributing to climate change mitigation. Selected projects involve the development of wind, photovoltaic, hydraulic and geothermal energy. The EIB s triple-A rating, the public or private sector beneficiaries of this loan will have access to favourable financing terms.
The financing operation is being implemented in partnership with SociÉtÉ GÉnÉrale Corporate & Investment Banking, CrÉdit
The loans granted by the EIB will meet 50% of the financing requirements of each selected project with an investment cost of 50 million.
By 2020, the EU will be investing in financing its energy transition. It is for this reason that the EIB has been stepping up its climate action, devoting 19 billion, or 26% of its total lending to this objective in 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders