Our news editors obtained a quote from the research, "The conductivity of pristine CTS is considerably enhanced, by six orders of magnitude, with the inclusion of CNT; however, with the addition of CNT decorated with AgnP it only increases by two orders of magnitude because of strong chemical interactions between the CNT and AgnP that also affect the antibacterial activity of the composite. The percolation threshold in the CTS/CNT composites is ca. 1.3 wt %, while in CTS/CNT-AgnP composites the strong CNT-AgnP chemical interactions give a percolation threshold of ca. 2.2 wt % of CNT-AgnP. In both cases, DC conductivity exhibits a three-dimensional hopping conductivity, and the sigma- and -relaxation processes are disclosed in agreement with the pristine CTS relaxation processes previously reported; however, these two relaxations vanish in the vicinity of the saturation concentration."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Finally, the antifungal activity of the CTS/CNT-AgnP composites is comparable with the activity of other composites, while their antibacterial activity seems to be competitive with respect to commercial antibiotics, indicating the effectiveness of these composites in potential hygienic applications."
For more information on this research see: Chitosan/ MWCNTs-Decorated with Silver Nanoparticle Composites: Dielectric and Antibacterial Characterization.
The news editors report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009