The Special Adviser to the Governor,
These graduates have been equipped with the world-class skills to build a better future for themselves andto play an integral part in driving the economy of the state forward. The partnership between
While appreciating Samsung for maintaining an international standard for the Academy, Ms Azeez appealed to Samsung to double its present enrolment due to the high demand for such skills in
She observed that more qualified technicians are critical to the country's development noting that
Also speaking, Managing Director, Samsung Electronics West Africa,
Skilled graduates are key to helping us reach our business goals, providing us with a workforce of technicians and exclusive service experts needed to differentiate Samsung as a quality service-oriented company. With the goal to grow our business on the continent, we also know that we have to sustain our level of innovation. This can only be achieved if we invest in education to facilitate thought-leadership in
The new graduates are well poised to work in the electronics industry either as employees in repair centres, assembly lines or as independent entrepreneurs.
The academy was launched two years ago by the Lagos State Governor, Mr.
The pilot phase of
The graduating students drawn from
Accordingly, the students were trained to repair and service modern digital electronic devices such as LCD TV's, Smartphones, refrigerators, air conditioners and laptops among other appliances.
At the graduation ceremony held last week in
Meanwhile, the top four achievers were awarded prizes comprising of various Samsung electronics products.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?