The remarks come amid the government's increasing concerns over IT vulnerabilities in key government departments and strategically important industries, such as banking, energy and telecommunications.
"The nation's information security could come under direct threat if the software we use was implemented with backdoors and the like," said
"Our job is to make sure such things do not happen."
The nation should focus on high-end software development and support acquisitions, said Zhou.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook