Live Music and Theater Fans Turn to Mobile Devices to Guide Performance-Going Experiences from Ticketing to Post-Show, According to Research from IAB & InMobi
With the summer concert season under way and the Tony Awards fast approaching, the
"There is no question that mobile has become a central part of live entertainment events," said
Key takeaways include:
* Mobile rivals TV as the preferred media channel for getting information on live performances (60% mobile vs. 53% TV)
* 41 percent purchase concert and show tickets directly through mobile devices
* Over three quarters (78%) use mobile to help plan trips to shows
* 22 percent "check in" at a live performance via social apps
* Nearly a third (31%) use mobile to make plans for before or after a show
"The mobile as a medium offers brands the benefit of conducting hyper targeted, native ad campaigns that are personal, location and context-aware in addition to eliciting immediate responses," said
The research also spotlights the importance of cross-screen strategies among marketers trying to reach live music and theater aficionados, with 90 percent of this coveted group turning to mobile for more information after seeing or hearing an ad elsewhere. And when it comes to viewing mobile ads about upcoming concerts or other shows, live performance-goers prefer ads that:
* Showcase video, sound and photos (40%)
* Feature performance dates and information (40%)
* Offer special deals or promotions (34%)
* Feature favorite stars and performers (33%)
"Clearly, the mobile experience at live performances has gone well beyond waving around a mobile screen with the image of a fired up lighter," said
To download the complete "Raising the Curtain on Mobile" study, please visit www.iab.net/mobileeventtickets.
InMobi and IAB conducted an on-device survey over the Decision Fuel mobile platform. Respondents were recruited via the InMobi mobile ad network in the US during 2014 Q1. A sample was taken of n = 695 US mobile users. The survey results were targeted and weighted to represent the US mobile population
InMobi enables the world's leading brands, developers, and publishers to engage global consumers through mobile advertising. InMobi platforms leverage advances in big data, user behavior, and cloud-based architectures to simplify mobile advertising for its customers. Recognized by MIT Technology Review as one of the 50 Disruptive Companies of 2013, InMobi is the world's largest independent mobile ad network, engaging 759 million consumers across 165 countries.
* Visit www.inmobi.com, or follow us on
* Download the InMobi Showcase App on the
* Discover the latest mobile insights at www.inmobi.com/insights/.
* Developers, start monetizing today by downloading our SDK at www.inmobi.com/products/sdk/.
TNS 24HariCha-140529-30FurigayJane-4749751 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?