Cafe Bustelo, in partnership with the Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement (HACE), announced the recipients of the inaugural El Cafe del Futuro Scholarship essay contest on Wednesday.
Nine college students won $5,000 each for their essays on how their Hispanic heritage figured in their decision to get a college degree and what they hope to do once they graduate.
The winners are:
• Michael Bravo, Kathya Chavez and Ulysses Hernandez from Chicago
• Jonathan Medina, Savannah Faith Sanchez and Yosely Ruiz from Houston
• Ana Gabriel Cid, Vanessa Rivera and Raquel Garcia from Los Angeles
HACE is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to the advancement of Hispanic professionals.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid