ENP Newswire -
Release date- 28052014 -
The MNVR program is designed to seamlessly connect vehicular-based soldiers to the
Soldiers used the Harris Falcon III AN/VRC-118 MNVR solution, operating the JTRS Wideband Networking Waveform (WNW), to provide wireless enterprise services including email, tactical chat and rapid file downloads. The effort was conducted during the
'This successful demonstration represents a very important step for the
The performance of Harris' AN/VRC-118 MNVR solution with WNW sets the stage for a successful limited user test this fall and showcases industry's ability to quickly deliver breakthrough capabilities through full and open competition in tactical radios.'
The Harris AN/VRC-118 system provides two channels of tactical voice and data capability. In addition to WNW, the radio also operates the government-owned, open-standard Soldier Radio Waveform. Harris is the global leader in tactical wideband networking, with more than 45,000 Falcon III wideband radios deployed around the world.
Falcon III is the next generation of radios supporting the U.S. military's Joint Tactical Radio System (JTRS) requirements, as well as network-centric operations worldwide.
Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 125 countries. Headquartered in
Additional information about
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures