GSK, led by chief executive Sir
The firm has alerted US buyout giants like
The sale forms part of a wider overhaul of the
The 50 products in the portfolio include migraine reliever Imitrex and sickness drug Zofra and the drug prescribed for anti-depression Seroxat.
The company had said at the end of April it was "reviewing" the established product portfolio to maximise the value of it.
The sale, first reported yesterday by
Shares rose half a per cent yesterday to close at 1,616.50p.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- CalPERS Still Profiting From Tainted Investments
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- 'Big Bang' Writers Hit Comic-Con