FortyCloud, a pioneer in network Security-as-a-Service for the cloud, today introduced its offering that breaks new ground by enabling companies to make their public cloud -- private. FortyCloud is the only vendor to uniquely combine software defined networking (SDN) and software defined security (SDS) technologies. In doing so, the FortyCloud Solution isolates and interconnects cloud deployments using a distinct "overlay network." By harnessing FortyCloud's overlay network, an organization is now able to build and control its own secure, flexible, and scalable virtual private cloud network over any, or over multiple, cloud infrastructure platforms (i.e.: Amazon, Rackspace,
According to a 451 Research report, there are a number of concerns that companies face in migrating to the cloud. Notably, 69% of respondents named security as the number one concern, overshadowing their concerns over all the other cloud migration issues.
By 2017, the public cloud market overall will grow 18.5% to
• fortify their security beyond what their cloud vendor provides,
• integrate identity with their cloud solution,
• reduce operating costs through simplifying and automating security configurations, and
• improve business agility by leveraging multi-cloud deployments that include multiple data centers and even different cloud providers. The FortyCloud Solution provides comprehensive IT security elements, including AAA, a policy-based network firewall, encryption of data-in-transit, logs and audit trails. It also provides identity-based network access and control, which ensures stronger security and a unified behavior across an organization's on-premise and cloud deployments. Infrastructure independent, FortyCloud can be deployed on all IaaS platforms. Its main components consist of: Gateways: FortyCloud Gateways serve as entry points for all back-end traffic into a secured cloud network, authenticating users using VPN technology and enforcing access control policies. The gateways also securely interconnect multiple cloud networks or hybrid deployments. Thin Agents: These are an optional software components installed on cloud servers (virtual or dedicated). The agents enforce an organization's security policies on the server, configure its firewall, and aid in establishing secure connectivity with other Agents and Gateways.
One of the key challenges for companies managing their cloud deployments is how to efficiently scale security while growing their cloud business. FortyCloud has abstracted complicated security tasks and automated them, delivering immense scaling capabilities. Through FortyCloud's intuitive UI, system administrators, networking and security engineers can rapidly scale and deploy their entire cloud security solution with just a few mouse clicks. With FortyCloud, companies not only improve their cloud security, but also gain significant operational efficiencies through automated, end-to-end configuration. Its enhanced manageability lets sys admins control and monitor their secure cloud network in real-time. Separate Point Solutions versus One Simple Solution – As A Service
Previously, companies seeking to harden security of their cloud deployments had few options but to build their own tailored solution by mixing and matching from among the different point solution categories:
• Networking appliances
• Security appliances
• Encryption solutions
• Host-based firewall solutions Choosing the right vendors and integrating different solutions into an organization's IT system is generally a challenging, cumbersome task. This is compounded by also having to manage all of these disparate components as one solution, creating an additional burden on an organization's internal IT group. FortyCloud's innovative solution, however, bundles all of these security components into a single, integrated solution that is delivered as-a-service, thus eliminating any need for further vendor selection, integration, management, and maintenance.
Senior Security Analyst of 451 Research,
"The FortyCloud Solution is an industry game-changer," stated
Pricing and Availability
The FortyCloud Solution is available immediately. With only a small addition to the monthly cloud budget, FortyCloud significantly upgrades security and usability of companies' cloud deployments. Interested parties can get pricing details here.
Privately-held, FortyCloud enables companies to secure all network and access aspects of their cloud deployments. The company helps customers reduce operating costs increase scalability, and fortify their security without requiring in-house security expertise. FortyCloud's distinct cloud security solution lets organizations build their own secure and scalable, virtual private cloud network regardless of cloud vendor.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/05/prweb11866499.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground