Shearin further commented, "We continue to evaluate and implement strategies to strengthen our financial condition and increase profitability going forward, including the eventual repayment of our remaining Series A Preferred Stock, while identifying strategic opportunities to grow our balance sheet. We are very pleased with the progress we have made over the past 18 months and look forward to continuing to build and strengthen our banking franchise."
The Company currently anticipates completing the partial TARP repayment late during the second quarter of 2014.
Keywords for this news article include: Banking and Finance, Investment and Finance,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment