Shearin further commented, "We continue to evaluate and implement strategies to strengthen our financial condition and increase profitability going forward, including the eventual repayment of our remaining Series A Preferred Stock, while identifying strategic opportunities to grow our balance sheet. We are very pleased with the progress we have made over the past 18 months and look forward to continuing to build and strengthen our banking franchise."
The Company currently anticipates completing the partial TARP repayment late during the second quarter of 2014.
Keywords for this news article include: Banking and Finance, Investment and Finance,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya