The yen climbed to a 5-day high of 138.63 against the euro, 2-day high of 93.73 against the loonie, 1-week highs of 113.38 versus the franc and 170.65 versus the pound.
The yen that closed yesterday's deals at 101.95 against the greenback edged up to 101.79.
On the upside, the yen is likely to target resistance around 101.00 against the greenback, 138.00 against the euro, 112.5 against the franc and 170.00 against the pound.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook