The Standard & Poor's 500 index was flat at 1,912 in the first few minutes of trading. The index closed at a record the day before.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 22 points, or 0.1 percent, to 16,653. The Nasdaq lost two points, less than 0.1 percent, to 4,234.
Bond prices rose. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.47 percent from 2.52 percent late Tuesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?