Notice Type: Sources Sought Notice
Subject: Upgrade and configure multi-platform data processing and storage systems
Classification Code: R - Professional, administrative, and management support services
Solicitation Number: HHS-NIH-NIDA-SS-14-242
Setaside: Total Small BusinessTotal Small Business
Place of Performance (address): NIMHBldg
Place of Performance (zipcode): 20892
Place of Performance Country: US
TITLE: UPGRADE AND CONFIGURE MULTI-PLATFORM DATA PROCESSING AND SOTRAGE SYSTEMS INTRODUCTION
This is a Small Business Sources Sought notice. This is NOT a solicitation for proposals, proposal abstracts, or quotations.
The purpose of this notice is to obtain information regarding: (1) the availability and capability of qualified small business sources, (2) whether they are small businesses; HUBZone small businesses, service-disabled, veteran-owned small businesses; 8(a) small businesses; veteran-owned small businesses; woman-owned small businesses; or small disadvantaged businesses; and (3) their size classification relative to the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code for the proposed acquisition. Your responses to the information requested will assist the Government in determining the appropriate acquisition method, including whether a set-aside is possible.
This notice is issued to help determine the availability of qualified companies technically capable of meeting the Government requirement and to determine the method of acquisition. It is not to be construed as a commitment by the Government to issue a solicitation or ultimately award a contract. Responses will not be considered as proposals or quotes. No award will be made as a result of this notice. The Government will NOT be responsible for any costs incurred by the respondents to this notice. The notice is strictly for research and information purposes only.
The information requested will assist the Government in determining the appropriate acquisition method, including whether a small business social-economic set-aside, competitive or non-competitive method is possible, and to determine the availability of qualified companies technically capable of meeting the Government's requirement.
ALL organizations with the capability and availability to perform the requirement under the applicable NAICS code are invited to submit a response to this notice.
NORTH AMERICAN CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM (NAICS) CODE
541513- Computer Facilities Management Services
PROJECT DESCRIPTION The Section on Integrative Neuroimaging is an interdisciplinary research program with a major investment in clinical studies using brain imaging technology such as positron emission tomography (PET) and functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI). These studies are aimed at investigating regional brain structure and function in normal individuals and in patients with a variety of neuropsychiatric disorders. During the course of these experiments, behavioral and neurophysiological data are collected, which, along with the large volumes of neuroimaging data, constitute enormous databases that require large-scale storage systems, several layers of database management software, and multiple levels of database-specific security measures.
A number of long-term patient studies rely on the research and data that this work produces. The Section on Integrative Neuroimaging has been at the cutting edge of the application of brain imaging technologies to clinical studies (with publications in premier scientific journals (e.g. Neuron, Nature Neuroscience,
The Section on Integrative Neuroimaging requests the services to upgrade, manage, and maintain its multi-platform data processing, data storage and backup systems.
1. Installing, configure and maintain the following operating systems: Linux (Ubuntu 10.04, 11.04, 12.04
2. Install, configure and maintain the following SCSI and fiber-based RAID systems: (DNF, Infortrend EONStor DS,
3. Manage and configure Active Directory, Domain Controllers, Users, Groups, Group Policy, permissions and login scripts.
4. Mitigate security vulnerabilities in Windows and Linux. Remediate vulnerabilities and ensure all the Operating Systems are hardened and update to date. Administer firewalls, web servers, file servers, database servers, NIC bonding in linux and windows.
5. Install, configure and maintain USB-based and IP-based Raritan KVMs (dkx2 108). Configure remote console access for all servers.
6. Install, configure and maintain SpectraLogic T50e tape library, including installation of LTO5 tape drives and troubleshooting SCSI port-mapping communication issues between Ubuntu 11.04 server and T50e library with multiple LTO5 drives. Troubleshoot combinations of Arkeia backup software, T50e library and Ubuntu 11.04 operating system. Design backup plan, including interfacing with
7. Install, configure, monitor and maintain rack-based servers, rack-based RAID 6 SATA and SAS-based systems, JBOD extensions, TrippLite UPS systems, and APC environmental monitoring units (Netbotz Rack monitor 450 and 550). Configure enterprise class SAN and RAID systems from scratch (from unboxing to presenting the storage to servers and then the end users).
8. Configure PGP-based disk encryption, including troubleshooting failures causing file corruption. Know existing disk encryption options for Windows and Linux. Manage key management database for PGP.
9. Generate requirements and specifications for SAN-based storage systems within a rack using Brocade switch, fibre channel RAID6 disk array, MUX adapters for SATA drives to allow dual controllers, allowing arbitrary high-speed presentation of storage LUNs to fibre-connected servers.
10. Interface with vendors to find the best solution and product for the IT infrastructure to improve performance, administration and user experience. Maintain relationship with vendors and suppliers.
11. Provide Network and Desktop support for end users day to day.
12. Provide the best computing environment to the end-user by using DUAL KVM switches with dual high powered desktop towers and DUAL monitors. Standardize the process and help in finding out the correct hardware to have similar setups for everyone.
13. Setting up SQL backups and restores. Test them and making sure the backups are at multiple locations other than the servers themselves.
CAPABILITY STATEMENT /INFORMATION SOUGHT Respondents must provide, as part of their responses, clear and convincing documentation of their capability of providing the item(s) specified in this notice. Contractors that believe they possess the ability to provide the required must submit specific documentation of their ability to meet each of the project requirements to the Contract Specialist. Contractors must provide their Company Name, DUNS number, Physical Address, and Point of contact Information.
Interested organizations are required to identify their type of business, applicable North American Industry Classification System Code, and size standards in accordance with the
The response must be received on or before
CONCLUDING STATEMENTS Note: This notice does not obligate the Government to award a contract or otherwise pay for the information provided in the response. No proprietary, classified, confidential, or sensitive information should be included in your response. The Government reserves the right to use information provided by respondents for any purpose deemed necessary and legally appropriate. Any organization responding to this notice should ensure that its response is complete and sufficiently detailed to allow the Government to determine the organization's qualifications to perform the work. Respondents are advised that the Government is under no obligation to acknowledge receipt of the information received or provide feedback to respondents with respect to any information submitted. After review of the responses received, pre-solicitation and solicitation notices may be published in Federal Business Opportunities. However, responses to this notice will not be considered adequate responses to a solicitation. The solicitation release date is pending. The Government intends to negotiate a fixed-price purchase order.
Confidentiality. No proprietary, classified, confidential, or sensitive information should be included in your response. The Government reserves the right to use any non-proprietary technical information in any resultant solicitation(s).
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Democrats' Control of Senate Could Depend on Women