Brokers attributed nearly stable market to rolling over positions in the futures and options (F&O) segment from May series to June before expiry of derivatives contract on Wednesday.
IT, Teck and realty counters attracted good buying support while Metal, Consumer durable and Auto stocks recorded losses.
Meanwhile, the rupee yesterday rose for the first time in four days and closed
In the previous three days, the rupee had fallen
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs