A review of pension fund investment portfolio shows that the Pension Fund Administrators (PFAs) continued to invest bulk of pension funds in Federal Government securities at 63.39 per cent accounting for N2.3 trillion as at
The pension regulator also said the quantum of pension fund investment in money market securities stood at N355 billion as at the end of first quarter, representing about 8.4 per cent of the total pension funds assets.
As these indicate that more than 70 per cent of the total pension assets are invested in
PenOp explained that the PFAs have continued to show preference for certain portfolio of investments because the pension operators were trying to ensure the safety of the pension assets under management.
Based on the figures released by
According to commission, investment in ordinary shares amounted to N601 billion representing 14.2 per cent, while private equity accounted for N9.3 billion (0.22 per cent), and real estate properties accounted for N228 billion (5.4 per cent).
A further review of pension fund investment portfolio shows that the Retirement Savings Account (RSA) active funds accounted for about N2.6 trillion of the total pension fund assets, while RSA retiree fund accounted for about N347 billion.
Similarly, the Closed Pension Fund Administrators (CPFAs) contributed about N642 billion and Approved Existing Scheme (AES) accounted for about N628 billion.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight