The U.S. dollar remained top-heavy in
The euro was quoted at
The dollar moved little in
The yen was supported by lower U.S. long-term interest rates, said
The yen was also in demand as exporters sought to convert overseas profits into the Japanese currency before the end of the month, said
But the yen's grip on the dollar may start to loosen in June, dealers said.
"The market focus is now on (Prime Minister
The euro dropped slightly against the yen to reach its lowest level against the Japanese currency since early February amid persistent expectations of policy easing by the
"The ECB is likely to lower interest rates as well as implement other easing measures, and the (market's) focus is on whether what it decides -- negative interest rates, (suspending) sterilization of its bond purchases (or other steps) -- will be effective,"
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married