Finance Minister Senator
He said this while presiding over comprehensive meeting, spanning over 2 days, with
The finance minister said that the new budget will set the direction of our economy and it will be a component of mid term macro-economic strategy. He observed that the proposals will bring in positive results for the nation in the long run. He said that we will work together to expand the tax net and all those people who are not paying their taxes will be encouraged to do their duty towards the country. He said that the youth is our future capital and the Prime Ministerís schemes are aimed at harvesting this great potential of the nation. He added that we have to find fiscal space to invest in our future capital. All our efforts and policies should aim at ensuring growth and reduction in poverty, he added.
The finance minister appreciated the hard work and commitment of the
He observed that during the current financial year the government had to do a lot of firefighting to save the economy from further deterioration and make a new beginning. He thanked almighty Allah for giving courage and commitment to the government for not only facing all those challenges but also for making progress toward changing the direction of the economy to growth and development.
Dar said that now itís time that the whole nation should join hands with the government to build
Chairman FBR Tariq Bajwa briefed the finance minister on proposals to be incorporated in the upcoming federal budget 2014-15. He informed the finance minister that, as per his directions, recommendations of all stakeholders including chambers, industry representatives, traders and professional bodies have been considered and the doable proposals have been incorporated in the set of proposals.
He added that the business community is satisfied with their meetings with the finance minister and appreciated his personal interest in the reform process.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan