Cypriot central bank statistics released Wednesday show overall deposits rose
That was mainly due to a rise in deposits by savers outside the
Confidence in Cypriot banks was crushed when an international rescue plan in March last year sanctioned a raid on deposits in the country's two largest lenders.
Almost all capital controls imposed at the time to prevent a run have been lifted.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile