Several industry leaders commented on trends and topics that will be featured on the BioPharm America program this year.
"This IPO window has been open longer than any in biotech's history; while it is unclear how long this cycle will continue, it has provided much needed growth capital to support a new generation of emerging biotech companies. In addition, the IPO route has provided a compelling alternative to M&A-driven liquidity. With pharma's appetite for innovation continuing to be strong, I expect the interplay of the IPO and M&A markets to feature prominently as a hot topic at BioPharm America this year." -
"The dynamics of the research ecosystem are changing rapidly. At
"The recent CoStim acquisition by
Early academic collaboration is another focus of BioPharm America this year, as it will be a featured program topic and is the focus of an Academic Innovators presentation track.
"Academic research institutions are the nexus for early stage drug discovery collaborations opportunities with life science companies. We have the human genomics data to advance new targets, we have drug discovery capabilities, and we have the expertise. The game has changed and academia is the new innovation breeding ground." -
More than 900 delegates representing 550 companies from 35 countries participated in BioPharm America 2013. Delegates in 2013 engaged in 2,950 one-to-one partnering meetings and identified 757 potential licensing opportunities.
BioPharm America is produced by
Presenting companies should submit an application by
Keywords for this news article include: Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Companies,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground
- Perry Deploying 1,000 Troops to Texas Border