"The current level of foreign exchange reserves of
It added that the proceeds from the debut Eurobond would significantly raise the level of foreign reserves with the exchange rate expected to come under pressure to appreciate in the coming months.
The central bank therefore expected the situation to normalize as the impact of seasonal factors dissipates.
"In the meantime the Bank continues to monitor developments in the market and stands ready to provide support to minimize the volatility of the exchange rate," it stated.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border