The loonie was off 0.01 of a cent to
The showing followed an equally uneventful session Tuesday that saw the loonie close flat.
Action was similarly lacklustre on the commodity markets where July crude in
July copper was unchanged at
The pace for economic releases picks up later in the week.
Traders are particularly interested in seeing how the Canadian economy performed in the first three months of the year. Statistics
That data is of particular concern, coming out days before the Bank of
Also, traders will be looking for the latest U.S. data to see if the American economy actually contracted in the first quarter when the first revision to U.S. gross domestic product data is released Thursday. The initial report showed growth coming in at a paltry 0.1 per cent as severe winter weather impacted the economy, but markets are braced for a worse reading.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries