"Although I am encouraged by our 7 percent sales increase in U.S. Simple Meals, I am disappointed that our plans did not drive stronger sales results in U.S. Soup. We recognize that we were cycling a year-ago quarter when we delivered 14 percent growth in U.S. Soup. Despite an increase in the frequency of our promotional activity in the third quarter, we did not realize the anticipated lifts in a challenging consumer environment. Sales of U.S. Soup held steady versus the strong performance in the year-ago quarter. Within U.S. Soup, 'Swanson' broth maintained strong momentum as consumers responded to our strong marketing and continued to cook more with broth."
Morrison continued, "I am pleased with our double-digit sales gain in U.S. Sauces including 'Prego', 'Pace' and 'Campbell's' Skillet and Slow Cooker dinner sauces, with consumers using these products to prepare simple meals. I remain encouraged by the growing platform
"We continue to address our challenges in U.S. Beverages and
Keywords for this news article include: Food, Beverage,
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro Is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?