The State Minister responsible for
The minister said this during a visit of the plant by the President of the
The AfDB is among those funding the project.
The minister said : "Eighty per cent of the work under phase one is done, and at least by September, production should be starting."
A project launched in 2009, KivuWatt, is managed by Contour Global, which inked a 25-year power purchase deal with
The project was at firs affected by irregularities, with several deadlines for power production set and missed.
Citing financial, technical and environmental issues as reasons for the delays, the minister said : "This project was originally supposed to end in
The news that production is only a couple of months away will help boost confidence that the national goal of powering 70 per cent of homes in the country by 2017 can be achieved.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya