Expectations that the
"Our responsibility is nonetheless to be alert to the risks to this scenario that might emerge and prepared for action if they do," he said in
The dollar edged up to
Gradual gains took the dollar back above
The buck also gained a bit of ground versus the sterling, rising to
Consumer confidence in the US improved in line with economist estimates in the month of May, the Conference Board revealed in a report on Tuesday.
Economists had been expecting the index to edge up to 83.0 from the 82.3 originally reported for the previous month.
New orders for US manufactured durable goods unexpectedly saw continued growth in the month of April, according to a report released by the
The report said durable goods orders increased by 0.8% in April after surging up by an upwardly revised 3.6% in March.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer