The Australian dollar advanced to an 8-day high of 1.0832 against the NZ dollar, up from yesterday's closing quote of 1.0804.
The Australian dollar rose to 1-week highs of 1.4715 against the euro, 0.9277 against the US dollar and 94.55 against the yen, up from yesterday's closing quotes of 1.4773, 0.9237 and 94.15, respectively.
Against the Canadian dollar, the aussie climbed to a 2-day high of 1.0059, from yesterday's closing quote of 1.0029.
If the aussie extends its rise, it is likely to find resistance around 1.46 against the euro, 0.93 against the greenback, 95.31 against the yen, 1.09 against the kiwi and 1.01 against the loonie.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders
- CalPERS Still Profiting From Tainted Investments
- 'Big Bang' Writers Hit Comic-Con