Hanna, who has been chairman for five years and on the board for 11 years, told shareholders of his plans to retire at
News of his departure came as the Scottish drinks company reported that total sales increased by 5.2 per cent in the 15 weeks to 11 May compared with the same time last year.
The performance was a slight slowdown on the six per cent growth in first seven weeks of the year but ahead of the overall market, which according to Nielson grew in value by 1.9 per cent in the same period.
The company, which also makes Rubicon and Orangina, said that while the economy had improved, the retail environment remained as competitive as ever. It said margins were in line with its expectations and remained confident on its full-year targets.
ANALYST VIEWS Interviews by Kasmira Jefford WHAT DID YOU THINK OF AG BARR'S PERFORMANCE IN THE FIRST QUARTER? CHARLES PICK NUMIS Sales growth in the first 15 weeks is a slight slowdown on the six per cent growth seen in the first seven weeks but
PHIL CARROLL SHORE CAPITAL We believe it has been a solid start to the year for Barr and we leave our forecasts unchanged. In terms of the outlook, the company highlights the ongoing challenges of the consumer environment which remains volatile but it is confident of delivering on its expectations for the year.
DAMIAN MCNEELA PANMURE GORDON AG Barr has made a solid start to year with sales in the first 15 weeks of the year...We expect
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya