Corporate service prices in
Among the individual components of the survey, prices were higher for communication, leasing, transportation, engineering and motor vehicle repair.
On a monthly basis, corporate service prices jumped 2.4% after adding 0.7% in the previous month.
Excluding the consumption tax hike that was enacted in April, corporate service prices were up an annual 0.8%.
The yen fell to nearly a 3-week low of 94.06 against the Canadian dollar, from yesterday's closing quote of 93.86 and held steady thereafter.
The yen fell to nearly 2-week lows of 139.37 against the euro, 171.97 against the pound and 114.08 against the Swiss franc, from yesterday's closing quotes of 139.09, 171.68 and 113.93, respectively. Thereafter, the yen held steady against both pairs.
Against the Australian dollar and NZ dollar, the yen fell to 1-week lows of 94.46 and 87.44, from yesterday's closing values of 94.15 and 87.14, respectively and held steady thereafter.
The yen fell to 101.98 against the US dollar in the early Asian session and held steady thereafter.
Swiss trade data for April is set to be released at
US Durable goods orders for April and Markit's PMI data, Conference Board's consumer confidence data and Richmond manufacturing index for May are set to be released in the
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- U.S. Veteran Killed Fighting in Ukraine
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million