The Minister for Information and Communications Technology, John Nasasira, last week handed over the chairmanship of the Assembly of Parties of the
"Today, I'm very grateful to be able to turn over the reins of leadership to the incoming Chairman representing the Party of
The meeting was timely and crucial as part of a medium-term strategy to propel
The 150-member ITSO organisation works to ensure that
Satellite technology is a key complement in terms of the technologies for implementing broadband.
In the case of
ITSO was started in 1971 through an inter-governmental agreement. It oversees the commercial use on an non-discriminatory basis, global public international telecommunications services using satellite technology.
The structure of ITSO comprises an Assembly of Parties, represented by the member governments and the Executive Organ, headed by the Director General. The Assembly of Parties gives consideration to general policy and long-term objectives of ITSO and consideration to matters which are primarily of interest to the Parties.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile